Sunday, January 22, 2012

Parents, welcome to the class!

Welcome parents and thank you for visiting the 5th Grade Explorers blog! I want to let you know that I am so glad that you have taken the time to visit and see what is going on in our class.

This group of students is very special because they have a burning desire for knowledge! They ask questions, they always want to know more and they are willing to go the extra mile to learn more. I love that! Because your children are so inquisitive, I have created this blog to help you help them continuously learn more, even while they are away from school. Each week, they will be taught a new lesson based on the Georgia Performance Standards for 5th graders. I will find out what they already know, teach them and then I will use projects and tests to see what they have learned. To keep you in the know about what is being taught, I will be posting an intro to the week's lesson on this blog every weekend. This will allow you to see what they will be learning before they are tested. Prior knowledge is great, and it allows students build onto what they know. I will also be posting great resources as I find them so that you can use with them at home. Of course, if you have any questions or suggestions, you can always contact me via my school e-mail or if it is a general comment about what is posted here that may be of help to other parents, feel free to leave it as a comment and I will reply. I look forward to a wonderful year with your children as we explore history in a fun and exciting new way!

Sincerely,

Ms. Boulware

No comments:

Post a Comment